- 13/08/2014 - Combining FAO’s field experience and technical expertise to support DRR practitioners.
With funding from ECHO, the toolkit has been developed drawing on the extensive practical and technical knowledge of FAO’s experts ...read more
- 02/05/2014 - A combination of delayed Gu (April-June) rains, rising food prices and persistent insecurity in Somalia is likely to worsen the country’s food security situation in the coming months, experts have warned. Food security ...read more
- 23/04/2014 - Le Gouvernement du Japon signe aujourd’hui un accord de financement avec l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour l’alimentation et l’agriculture (FAO) en vue de contribuer au Programme triennal de réponse à ...read more
- 27/03/2014 - FAO and Puntland authorities have launched the first database for Somali fishermen in decades aimed at improving management of fisheries in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden.
In the ...read more
- 26/03/2014 - FAO senior officials met today with a high level clerical delegation working in the Central African Republic to talk about FAO’s work in the country and how agriculture can play ...read more
- 24/03/2014 - Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division, describes his recent visit to South Sudan: "On 20 March, as part of the Emergency Directors’ Group, I had the opportunity ...read more
- 13/03/2014 - With the year’s main planting season just weeks away, many in the Central African Republic (CAR) have been left desperately ill-equipped by months of conflict. In the charred village of ...read more
- 12/03/2014 - The Transitional Government and United Nations (UN) agencies came together in Mbaïki, 95 km southwest of the capital, Bangui, for the official launch of the 2014/15 agricultural campaign in the ...read more
- 07/03/2014 - The conflict in South Sudan risks reversing gains in food security that the country had made over the last year, according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) ...read more