- 23/01/2015 - Less than three years since its Independence, violence erupted in South Sudan in December 2013. Since then, 1.5 million South Sudanese fled their homes, some managing to bring valuable livelihood ...read more
- 03/08/2014 - FAO is supporting the Government of Liberia through the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoH) to maintain an active surveillance system for tracking and monitoring trends and outcomes of ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - As part of ongoing efforts to reduce the risk of avian influenza in general and H7N9 in particular, FAO gathered experts from seven nations of the South Asian Association for ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - It took FAO and its partners in Syria nearly three months to complete the distribution of poultry packages in the tormented governorate of Rural Damascus, but the result was worth ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - Typhoon Haiyan last November severely damaged the agriculture sector, which provides 40.5 percent of national employment for men and 21.8 percent for women in the Philippines. Especially crop production was ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more
- 07/07/2014 - Somalia’s food security crisis is expected to worsen over the next several months following poor performance of the major rainy season (Gu), shrinking humanitarian assistance and access, increasing malnutrition, conflict ...read more
- 01/07/2014 - Three United Nations emergency directors have called for more sustained funding for Somalia nearly three year after the worst famine hit the Horn of Africa nation.
The emergency heads include Dominique ...read more