- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - Typhoon Haiyan last November severely damaged the agriculture sector, which provides 40.5 percent of national employment for men and 21.8 percent for women in the Philippines. Especially crop production was ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more
- 07/07/2014 - Somalia’s food security crisis is expected to worsen over the next several months following poor performance of the major rainy season (Gu), shrinking humanitarian assistance and access, increasing malnutrition, conflict ...read more
- 01/07/2014 - Three United Nations emergency directors have called for more sustained funding for Somalia nearly three year after the worst famine hit the Horn of Africa nation.
The emergency heads include Dominique ...read more
- 30/06/2014 - In response to the 2012 food insecurity crisis in Lesotho, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) designed ...read more
- 26/06/2014 - Dominique Burgeon, FAO’s Director, Emergency and Rehabilitation Division has today toured the agency’s new home in the Somali capital, Mogadishu. FAO’s Head of Office a.i. in Somalia, Rudi van Aaken, ...read more