- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 05/03/2014 - Une réunion de restitution concernant les activités réalisées au cours de la première partie de la 1ère campagne de lutte antiacridienne (septembre 2013 -septembre 2014) du Programme triennal de réponse ...read more
- 26/02/2014 - San Luis is located in the rural area of Puerto Asís, Putumayo, Colombia. Around 70 percent of its population is African descendant that around 40 years ago arrived from the ...read more
- 12/02/2014 - Even under the best of circumstances major logistical obstacles make it difficult for FAO to support humanitarian and development initiatives in South Sudan. Before the start of the crisis, FAO ...read more
- 07/02/2014 - FAO Lesotho and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) started the Emergency and Resilience Programme (ERP) in 2012, reaching by 2013 up to 18 500 vulnerable farming households ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - Successive seasons of near to above average rainfall in most parts of Somalia, low food prices and continued humanitarian response have brought down the number of people requiring urgent, ...read more
- 31/01/2014 - Local chiefs in Nimba and Maryland Counties are expressing delight over the quality of agricultural inputs and level of technical support provided them by the Food and Agriculture Organization of ...read more
- 30/01/2014 - During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - While travelling through Upper Andágueda Indian Reservation in the Municipality of Bagadó in Choco - Colombia, it’s easy to realize that everything is different here. Instead of large paved roads, ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - As the Government of Tonga focuses on meeting immediate needs such as shelter, water and sanitation for people affected by the recent category 5 Tropical Cyclone Ian in the islands ...read more