- Launch of the Platform of analysis and measurement of population resilience in the Sahel and West Africa02/05/2016
- Urgent action needed to help Ethiopia’s farmers produce food in main cropping season29/04/2016
- North Korea’s food production falls for first time since 2010 as water scarcity hits agricultural sector27/04/2016
- Investment in early warning – early actions reaps massive reward against El Niño flood threats26/04/2016
- Drones help farmers in the Philippines prepare for climate disasters25/04/2016
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."