- Experts call for robust surveillance and coordinated approaches in tackling Fall armyworm infestation26/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for urgent action to avoid famine in Yemen25/04/2017
- Fall armyworm spreads to East Africa25/04/2017
- FAO Council focuses on famine and famine risks24/04/2017
- Hunger and lack of rural development at the basis of the Lake Chad Basin crisis11/04/2017
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."