- Increasing food availability by supporting fisher folk in South Sudan 24/02/2017
- Northeastern Nigeria conflict intensifies Lake Chad Basin hunger crisis24/02/2017
- FAO scaling up agricultural assistance for returning IDPs in northeastern Nigeria23/02/2017
- Region III farmers optimistic on recovery after widespread destruction21/02/2017
- Famine in South Sudan: a joint FAO/UNICEF/WFP statement21/02/2017
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."