- Surge in climate change-related disasters poses growing threat to food security26/11/2015
- Ebola recovery: FAO and partners join harvest launch celebration26/11/2015
- Education: key route towards sustainable food security and Climate Change adaptation23/11/2015
- Over USD 300 000 to control peste des petits ruminants in Liberia20/11/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains 120 new Market Information Specialists nationwide19/11/2015
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."