- Food insecurity in Juba deepens with countrywide repercussions21/07/2016
- New tool for managing the fuel needs of displaced populations21/07/2016
- Seed distributions offer new hope to drought-affected farmers in Ethiopia18/07/2016
- Flare-up of violence in South Sudan raises spectre of hunger catastrophe16/07/2016
- As H5N1 spreads in West and Central Africa FAO calls for increased vigilance13/07/2016
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."