- The fight against the Ebola virus continues at the human-animal-ecosystem interface (in FRENCH)30/06/2015
- FAO Report highlights the benefits of complementing cash grants with home gardening practices30/06/2015
- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
- Rural women’s groups in peacebuilding activities25/06/2015
- Two months before the end of the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar, objective almost reached (in FRENCH)24/06/2015
Connect with us
Diouf welcomes US commitment
Statement by FAO's Director General, Dr Jacques Diouf, following the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush that he is asking Congress to approve an additional USD 770 million in food aid and assistance to agriculture to address the food price crisis.
“I am very pleased that our approaches to the United States Government to seek its support in addressing the crisis of soaring food prices and resulting social and political consequences have received a very positive response on the part of President George W. Bush."