- Seed distributions to support Haitians farmers for the winter planting season06/12/2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan: food is the number one need05/12/2016
- Empowering women through strengthened livelihoods02/12/2016
- Southern Africa: Strengthening capacity of livestock interventions in crises29/11/2016
- Ethiopia’s historic seed campaign - INFOGRAPHIC28/11/2016
Connect with us
Record-level US support for bird flu programme
The United States will provide an additional USD 44.4 million in support of FAO's avian influenza control and prevention campaign, FAO announced today. With the new funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), US support to the FAO avian influenza programme has reached a total of USD 112.8 million.
The United States remains the largest donor to FAO's bird flu control activities implemented in more than 96 countries. The funds are mainly earmarked for avian influenza control in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, South Asia, West and Central Africa and Viet Nam, as well as global efforts. Indonesia, Viet Nam and Egypt will be the top beneficiaries.