- Iraq: kick-starting agriculture and livelihoods in retaken areas08/12/2016
- Seed distributions to support Haitians farmers for the winter planting season06/12/2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan: food is the number one need05/12/2016
- Empowering women through strengthened livelihoods02/12/2016
- Southern Africa: Strengthening capacity of livestock interventions in crises29/11/2016
Connect with us
European leagues and football stars against hunger
963 million human beings are currently suffering from hunger worldwide. This dramatic trend must be reversed. The Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) and its 29 members and associate Members have joined forces with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in battling starvation.
The weekend of 20-22 March 2009, for the “Match Day against Hunger”, hundreds of professional football matches across Europe will be dedicated to raising awareness about this growing problem. Several initiatives, including “Professional Football Against Hunger” banners, t-shirts worn by the players entering the field and screenings of videos about FAO TeleFood projects will see the stadiums of the European Professional Football Leagues at the centre of this awareness campaign.