- Supporting livelihoods during hard times in South Sudan27/04/2015
- Working with the people of South Sudan to build a food secure future23/04/2015
- Millions of Yemenis face food insecurity amidst escalating conflict15/04/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign underway along Syria-Lebanon border09/04/2015
- Gathering weather data to provide early warning on climate07/04/2015
Connect with us
European leagues and football stars against hunger
963 million human beings are currently suffering from hunger worldwide. This dramatic trend must be reversed. The Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) and its 29 members and associate Members have joined forces with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in battling starvation.
The weekend of 20-22 March 2009, for the “Match Day against Hunger”, hundreds of professional football matches across Europe will be dedicated to raising awareness about this growing problem. Several initiatives, including “Professional Football Against Hunger” banners, t-shirts worn by the players entering the field and screenings of videos about FAO TeleFood projects will see the stadiums of the European Professional Football Leagues at the centre of this awareness campaign.