- FAO Local Seed Sourcing – A Domino Effect of Benefits28/05/2015
- Food security situation dire for millions in Nepal25/05/2015
- FAO delivers emergency livelihood kits to flood-affected farmers in Zambézia and Sofala provinces21/05/2015
- Italy provides EUR 400 000 to help earthquake-affected farmers in Nepal20/05/2015
- FAO Representative meets with Ebola survivors in Sierra Leone19/05/2015
Connect with us
Food Crisis looms in Sudan regions
FAO calls for urgent action, funds - Urgent action is needed to prevent a looming humanitarian and food crisis in two strife-affected regions on the border between Sudan and the newly-independent nation of South Sudan, FAO warned today.
Food availability in Blue Nile and South Kordofan is forecast to be significantly reduced following renewed fighting between government troops and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N), which has disrupted the major crop season.
The fighting has coincided with the region’s lean season when household food stocks are already at their lowest. At least 235 000 people in both areas need help.