- West and Central African countries learn to develop National Drought Management policies 05/05/2015
- Philippines takes first steps towards a national DRR strategy for agriculture04/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar – up to the last breath04/05/2015
- Nepal Earthquake’s impact on food security and agriculture likely very high30/04/2015
- Reviving agricultural production in areas affected by the Ebola outbreak in Guinea30/04/2015
Connect with us
Food Crisis looms in Sudan regions
FAO calls for urgent action, funds - Urgent action is needed to prevent a looming humanitarian and food crisis in two strife-affected regions on the border between Sudan and the newly-independent nation of South Sudan, FAO warned today.
Food availability in Blue Nile and South Kordofan is forecast to be significantly reduced following renewed fighting between government troops and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N), which has disrupted the major crop season.
The fighting has coincided with the region’s lean season when household food stocks are already at their lowest. At least 235 000 people in both areas need help.