- Race against time in drought-ravaged Southern Africa to ensure 23 million people receive farming support28/07/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands27/07/2016
- Food insecurity in Juba deepens with countrywide repercussions21/07/2016
- New tool for managing the fuel needs of displaced populations21/07/2016
- Seed distributions offer new hope to drought-affected farmers in Ethiopia18/07/2016
Connect with us
African nations discuss creation of an African food security trust fund
FAO to help draft details of proposal - The creation of an African-funded trust fund to support food security in the continent was discussed at FAO’s Regional Conference for Africa, held last week in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo. Complementing international resource mobilization, the Africa Trust Fund would raise resources in the continent to fight hunger and would also allow for the scaling up of successful activities to prevent and respond to food and agriculture crises in the region.
In support of the proposal, civil society organizations attending the Regional Conference made a symbolic donation to the trust fund. FAO will engage in countries-led consultations in order to draft a detailed proposal for approval by participating member countries.