- FAO contributes to better planning of humanitarian relief operations in Pakistan30/06/2016
- Unprecedented level of food insecurity in South Sudan, UN agencies warn29/06/2016
- FAO pilots efforts to integrate literacy and livelihood skills building in pastoralist field schools in South Sudan28/06/2016
- Food insecurity in the Lake Chad basin23/06/2016
- FAO concludes its Earthquake Response Programme in Nepal23/06/2016
Connect with us
African nations discuss creation of an African food security trust fund
FAO to help draft details of proposal - The creation of an African-funded trust fund to support food security in the continent was discussed at FAO’s Regional Conference for Africa, held last week in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo. Complementing international resource mobilization, the Africa Trust Fund would raise resources in the continent to fight hunger and would also allow for the scaling up of successful activities to prevent and respond to food and agriculture crises in the region.
In support of the proposal, civil society organizations attending the Regional Conference made a symbolic donation to the trust fund. FAO will engage in countries-led consultations in order to draft a detailed proposal for approval by participating member countries.