1) If you were designing an agricultural investment programme, what are the top 5 things you would do to maximize its impact on nutrition?
- establish fruit and medicinal trees to ensure vitamines (dry or fresh) medics and biopesticdes avalability and manage simultaneously microclimate and organic matter for soils.
- develop hydroponics near houses to ensure the production of self made vegetables, medecinal plants and fishes without using a lot of water during the rainy season
- develop specifics fields (children fields) that ensure women to find what is needed for children during their weaning (companions planting of leguminous and cereal plant)
- enhance grain storage capacity and condition and test various germination process for introducing fresh sprouted grain inside the diet
- use of fruit dryer and fermentation process
2) To support the design and implementation of this programme, where would you like to see more research done, and why?
vertical cropping and aquaponie material, fermentation processing and solar sterilisation process,
Intensification is more easier to practice near houses where ashes and water fall could be controlled and stocked. Tropical countries didn't develop aquaculture with little native fishes species. Food storage are uneasy and specific process like fermentation or sterilisation could help
3) What can our institutions do to help country governments commit to action around your recommendations, and to help ensure implementation will be effective?
the design is biologically oriented. Ecology of terrestrial and freswater from natural and artifial ecosystem, fermentation and sterilization process in pottery, botany and zoology.
Your organization could help gouvernement
- to make easier the access to scientific publication for young scientist
- Promote self made technology and help individuals in that way
- help to widespread the technology or technics
- encourage recording of native knowledge and knowhow
-develop recycling of urban waste for agricultural use.