Vote for “Transforming Africa’s Agriculture: Eyes in the Sky, Smart Techs on the ground” for WSIS Prizes 2019
The CTA led project, ‘Transforming Africa’s Agriculture: Eyes in the Sky, Smart Techs on the ground’ has been nominated for voting under the WSIS Prizes 2019, category AL C7 – E-agriculture.
This projects seeks to create employment opportunities for young graduates and the youth in rural areas, and aptly it states, “CTA’s transforming Africa’s agriculture project aims to establish business-oriented and youth-led UAS service providers in countries where enabling UAV regulations are already in place”.
This project, CTA’s project will run from 2017 to 2019 will support the UAS service sector to transform African agriculture into a high-tech industry.
Three components of the projects
- Capacity building and business operationalization
- Research studies and evaluation
- Exchange of experiences, networking, marketing communication and media production
The project is targeted at 16,000 farmers who will benefit from actionable advice in terms of crop husbandry.
How to vote for this project
- The polling is done on the WSIS Prizes Voting platform, click here
- The voting period opened from 21 December 2018 to 10 February 2019
- To vote you need to register first.
More information here