FAO believes that everyone can play a part in ending hunger. That's why we open our doors to the public to show you how.
Visit us to learn how FAO is working with governments, civil society, the private sector and other strategic stakeholders to achieve Zero Hunger, improve nutrition, drive economic and social progress and ensure the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources.
Discover also how you can make an impact by simply changing day to day habits at home, at work, while shopping and by speaking up. Getting to zero will require active collaboration between governments, international organizations, the private sector, academia, farmers, civil society and the public. In fact change starts with you.
Walk through the room and halls where world leaders have discussed food issues and made groundbreaking decisions for global food security.
Find out about our programmes across the world, and meet some of the world's greatest experts who make FAO the leading UN agency for tackling hunger through knowledge generation and policy support.
Find out more
From FAO’s vision of a world free from hunger and its fascinating history to hands-on operations in developing countries, the resources below have everything you need to know about FAO and its mission to support countries in achieving Zero Hunger, the Organization’s work on the Sustainable Development goals, food security, hunger and malnutrition, climate change and more. The resources below link to a wealth of information, which could be of interest to teachers, students and anyone else who would like to know more about FAO's work. Teachers may be particularly interested in the activities, learning modules, web sites, videos, publications, quizzes, and facts and figures.
- FAO Corporate video
- The FAO strategic objectives
- History of FAO: 1945-2015 – 70 years of FAO (brochure)
- Quiz – How much do you know about FAO?
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- FAO and the Sustainable Development Goals (website)
- FAO and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals link (brochure)
- Food and Agriculture: Key to Achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (brochure)
WORLD FOOD DAY
HUNGER AND NUTRITION
- FAO International Year of Pulses
- Hunger and nutrition: key figures and challenges
- Nutrition in brief
- The right to food: A window on the world - Story book
- Eating well for good health (learning module)
- Feeding Minds, Fighting Hunger
- Fish (infographic)
- Nutrition education in primary schools