FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme. The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows:
- Reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition (access and utilization)
- Enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization
- Improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system
- Further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage.
- Increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 10 October 2015. Mymensigh, Bangladesh. FAOR attends Annual BAU Research Progress 2014-15
- 06 October 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. LCG Meeting on Bangladesh Development Forum.
- 28 September 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. PSC Meeting on ‘Integrated Agriculture and Health-based Interventions for Improved Food and Nutrition Security in Selected Districts of Southern Bangladesh’
- 6-10 September 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAO Technical Meeting on Evidence Informed Food Safety Decisions and Policy, considering Multiple Factors
- 28 August 2015. Gazipur, Bangladesh. World Food Day 2015 Poster Contest for Children
- 20 August 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. National Seminar on sharing of findings of STDF Project