FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme. The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows:
- Reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition (access and utilization)
- Enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization
- Improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system
- Further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage.
- Increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 28 May-2 June 2016. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAO facilitated study tour of Laos govt. officials to Bangladesh
- 31 May 2016. Consultation on Country Investment Plan for Environment, Forestry and Climate Change