FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme. The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows:
- Reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition (access and utilization)
- Enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization
- Improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system
- Further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage.
- Increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 22-23 May 2015. Khulna, Bangladesh. UNFAO-BD mission on Good Aquaculture Practice
- 17 May 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAOR participates in Impact Session: South-South Cooperation Programme
- 17 May 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAOR joins Opening Ceremony of "Bangladeshi Mango Export to UK Market"
- 15 May 2015. Gazipir, Bangladesh. FAOR attends Certificate Handing Ceremony on Horticulture Chain Management
- 14 May 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAOR attends Plenary meeting on LCG-AFSR
- 11 May 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. UNFAO-BD hosts "Country Investment Plan (CIP)-EFCC Consultation Workshop"
- 7 May 2015. Rangpur, Lalmonirhar and Dinajpur, Bangladesh. M. Robson,FAOR joins 'Sustainable Food and Agriculture Mission to Bangladesh'
- 4 May 2015. Barisal, Bangladesh. M.Robson, FAOR attends "Handing Over Ceremony of Small Scale Commercial Poultry Farms"
- 23 April 2015. Khulna, Bangladesh. M. Robson, FAOR attends the event tilted "Farmer's Budget"