FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme. The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows:
- Reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition (access and utilization)
- Enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization
- Improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system
- Further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage.
- Increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: FAO Bangladesh sets deadline for the applications for Long-Term Academic Training (Masters) on 15 Jan 2015. Please click here for more details.
- 11 December 2014 – Celebrating International Mountain Day 2014 at CIRDAP auditorium in association with Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs, Bangladesh (MoCHTA)
- 11 December 2014 – Parliamentarians Nutrition awareness workshop with WFP, WHO and UNICEF in Dhaka
- 7 December 2014 – Conservation Agriculture Workshop at Bangladesh Agriculture University (BAU), Mymensingh
- 1-4 December 2014 – Four (4) way linking “One Health” programme with desktop simulation for laboratory and epidemiologists at CDM BRAC, Savar
- 3 December 2014 – E-Agriculture workshop, BARC in Dhaka
- 1-2 December 2014 – A technical workshop for Food Safety Project in Dhaka
- 30 November 2014 – A Small holder Dairy quality training with two international consultants at Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute (BLRI), Savar