FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme. The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows:
- Reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition (access and utilization)
- Enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization
- Improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system
- Further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage.
- Increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 15 November 2015. Dhaka. Bangladesh. Bangladesh Development Forum 2015.
- 13 November 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Ms Kundhavi Kadiresan, Assistant Director General and Regional Representative, FAO-RAP arrives in Bangladesh
- 31 October 2015. Gazipur, Bangladesh. Workshop on Annual Research Progress at BSMRAU
- 28 October 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Seminar on Methodologies for Measurement of Poverty and Food Insecurity"
- 20 October 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. World Statistics Day 2015
- 18 October 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAOR meets Editor, the Daily Star
- 16 October 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAO Bangladesh observes World Food Day 2015