FAO Priorities in Bangladesh
The FAO Country Programming Framework (2014-2018) is a strategic planning and management document which provides FAO with a sound basis of developing its mid-term country programme.
The priority areas of FAO in Bangladesh have been agreed as follows: reduce poverty and enhance food security and nutrition; enhance agricultural productivity through diversification/intensification, sustainable management of natural resources, use of quality inputs and mechanization; improve market linkages, value addition, and quality and safety of the food system; further improve technology generation and adaptation through better producer-extension-research linkage; increase resilience of communities to withstand ‘shocks’ such as natural disasters, health threats and other risks to livelihood.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 24 January 2017. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Sue Lautze, the new FAO Representative in Bangladesh hands official credentials to Abul Maal A Muhith, Hon'ble Finance Minister,GoB
- 04 December 2016. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Inception Workshop on 'Enhancing Urban Horticulture Production to Improve Food and Nutrition Security Project'
- 23 November 2016. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 7th Meeting of Local Consultative Working Group - Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Development
- 16 October 2016. Dhaka, Bangladesh. FAO celebrates World Food Day 2016
- 02 Sept. 2016. Rajshahi, Bangladesh. World Food Day 2016: Children's Poster Contest.