CABI launches the PestSmart Diagnostics
On the 17th of October 2018, CABI announced the PestSmart Diagnostics e-Learning course. The course is part of CABI PestSmart Diagnostic package, designed to help plant health practitioners and students to develop and improve their ability to recognize plant symptoms, relate them to causes and to identify what is causing the problem.
The e-Learning course is derived from the Plantwise programme and the course is unique in two ways. It is the first plant health e-learning product and secondly, it is a rare example of a proven innovation developed from an aid sector into a commercial product.
PestSmart Diagnostics e-Learning video
PestSmart course focuses on the practical skills and methodologies required for field-based diagnosis of pests and diseases. The e-learning course can be completed on a desktop PC and can also be viewed on Android and Apple mobile devices.
The course is composed of 5 modules that can be completed in 15 hours of online training and each module is composed of lessons lasting approximately 30 minutes.
- Module 1: Symptoms
- Module 2: Insects and mites
- Module 3: Causes
- Module 4: Plant nutrition
- Module 5: Diagnostics
CABI PestSmart Diagnostic Package
The package comprises of three elements, which are an
- e-Learning course,
- a field guide and
- a simulator app with 3D renders of diseased crops. (available on Google Play store)
More information about this news on this press release
- Plantwise - Plantwise is a global programme led by CABI, which helps farmers lose less of what they grow to plant health problems. Working closely with national agricultural advisory services we establish and support sustainable networks of plant clinics, run by trained plant doctors, where farmers can find practical plant health advice. read more
- CABI - CABI is an international not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment.Through knowledge sharing and science, CABI helps address issues of global concern such as improving global food security and safeguarding the environment. read more