ITU Telecom World 2017
The ITU Telecom World 2017 will take place from 25-28 September in Busan, Republic of Korea, a smart city in one of the most technology advanced nations in the world. The ITU Telecom World is a global platform for tech SMEs, corporates and governments, where policy makers and regulators meet industry experts, investors, SMEs, entrepreneurs and innovators to explore partnerships solutions, debate and share ideas and bring smart technologies together with smart ideas.
The ITU will present on this occasion the Telecom World Awards to celebrate innovation and creativity by aiming to recognize the most promising and effective initiatives using ICTs for social good created by entrepreneurs, SMEs or large-scale industry players.
The award has five different categories:
- Global SME Award: for the most promising solutions from SMEs making innovative use of ICTs for social impact in the categories: Global SME Excellence Award, Best business model, Most innovative use of ICT, Greatest social impact and Most scalable solution.
- Global Corporate Awards: for the most promising innovative solutions with social impact within large companies, in sectors including: E-education, E-health and Smart emerging technologies.
- Government Award: for the National Pavilion at ITU Telecom Word 2017 with three or more of the most promising innovative SMEs present at the Event
- Host Country SME Award: for the best and most innovative SME or solution from the Republic of Korea, the Host Country for ITU Telecom World 2017
- Recognition of Excellence Certificate: for the best innovative exhibitor within each National Pavilion at ITU Telecom Word 2017
The candidates will have a unique opportunity to win UN recognition as an innovative ICT4D solutions provider, benefit from international visibility, network with potential partners from public and private sectors, engage with governments, and policy-makers at the highest level and take part in the SME Programme of capacity building workshops and networking events.
The ITU Telecom World is organized since 1971 by ITU, the United Nations specialized agency for ICTs. The 2017 event will be hosted by the Republic of Korea, through its Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP).
Go to the Event page