MOOC:Drones for Agriculture: Prepare and Design Your Drone (UAV) Mission
Wageningen University & Research is offering an exciting MOOC on Drones for Agriculture: Prepare and Design Your Drone (UAV) Mission. Learn how to prepare and execute a flight mission with an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and how to use, process and understand the collected drone data for your own applications.
Who is it for?
Although the course was initially made for agriculture technicians, researchers or graduate students from multidisciplinary technical fields, everyone that aims to learn how to use an off-the-shelf small drone for generating a high-resolution image from a field, or has a general high interest in drones, is very welcome.
What you will learn
- Learn to decide whether it makes sense to use a drone for your application or challenge
- Design a process from acquisition to data visualization and evaluation for your specific drone application
- Learn about the available airborne technology and software
- Understand what UAV international legislation and regulations are concerning drones
- How to make an aerial surveying workflow
- How to make the required flight preparations and create- and execute a safe mission setup
- You will learn about mission planning and the available open source and commercial tools
- You will gain understanding about aerial imaging product delivery
More information here