The FAO Science and Innovation Forum side event “Access to Scientific Information in the Global South: Partnering for Action,” took place on 12 October 2022.
The panel was organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the World Health Organization (WHO), Elsevier Foundation, and Research4Life.
The event successfully brought together a diversity of perspectives based on science, with the speakers including:
- Moderator: Marcela Villarreal, Director, Partnerships and UN Division, FAO
- Gracian Chimwaza, Chair of the Executive Council, Research4Life
- Kimberly Parker, Programme Manager, Science Division, WHO
- Andrew Czajkowski, Director Technology and Innovation Support, WIPO
- Ylann Schemm, Director, The Elsevier Foundation & Vice-President for Corporate Responsibility, Elsevier
- Caroline Sutton, CEO, The International Association for Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM)