WaPOR at the CIHEAM summer school program on EO for irrigation
The International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM), a Mediterranean intergovernmental organisation composed of 13 Member States (Albania, Algeria, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey), held, on the 13 - 14 - 15 of September 2022, the International Summer School Program on the use of Earth Observation for Improving Irrigation Water Management.
Livia Peiser, technical officer for the WaPOR project, was in attendance for the three days; on the last day of the Summer School, Thursday the 15th, she presented on the monitoring of water productivity in agriculture using earth observation, especifically with WaPOR data. After that, she held a practicum where attendees acquired hands-on experience using WaPOR data in QGIS.
This year's session of the summer school welcomed 19 attendees in total for the 3-day intensive training. Three of those attendees were connected to the WaPOR project:
- Aseel Adulhameed and Issam Nofal, WaPOR national coordinators in Iraq and Palestine (FAO)
- Imad Ghanma (Ministry of Agriculture) and Ali Ramadan (Water Authority), WaPOR stakeholder in Palestine
- Razan Al-Roud, WaPOR stakeholder in Jordan (Ministry of Water and Irrigation)
- Yosri Gafsaoui, WaPOR focal point in Tunisia (Ministry of Agriculture)
- Zahraa Rayd Ali, WaPOR stakeholder in Iraq (Ministry of Water Resources)