FAO priorities for Laos from 2011 to 2015
Jointly developed with the Lao Government and other partners, the Country Programming Framework (CPF) reflects relevant priorities in national development policies and programmes, including the Strategy for Agricultural Development to 2020 adopted in 2011).
FAO Country Programming Framework for Laos addresses four priority areas:
- Improved food and nutritional security through enhanced policy, planning and implementation mechanisms
- Environmentally sustainable production for the market by small farmers using a value chain approach
- Sustainable natural resource management for crops, forests, fisheries and livestock
- Reduced risk and vulnerability to natural and other disasters through prevention, preparedness, response and recovery
- 22 September 2015. Vientiane. Meeting of the Sector Working Group on Agriculture and Rural Development (SWG-ARD)