FAO Priorities in Laos 2013 - 2015
The Country Programming Framework (CPF) is the tool adopted by FAO in 2013 to define its short/medium-term response to the needs of member states. The CPF for Lao PDR was developed jointly by the Government of Lao PDR and FAO. It outlines the priorities for the period 2013-2015.
The CPF identified four medium-term priority areas. These are based on a careful balancing of: the issues, Government policy, FAO’s comparative advantage and its global and regional priorities, and the UNDAF. The priority areas are:
- Improved food and nutritional security through enhanced policy, planning and implementation mechanisms
- Environmentally sustainable production for the market by small farmers using a value chain approach
- Sustainable natural resource management for crops, forests, fisheries and livestock
- Reduced risk and vulnerability to natural and other disasters through prevention, preparedness, response and recovery
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 9 March 2015. Bangkok, Thailand. Workshop on Regional Rice Initiative Phase II.
- 11 March 2015. Bangkok, Thailand. Second Workshop on the regional initiative support on Zero Hunger Challenge in Asia and the Pacific.