The investment Forum, the crux of the initiatives' partnership-building effort, provides a platform for national authorities to present impact investment opportunities to corporations, multilateral development banks, and donors, with a focus on the growth potential of the agriculture sector and national business opportunities. For countries, long-term finance in public investments is key for Hand-in-Hand's success. For Multilateral development banks, their blended finance structures and risk-mitigating mechanisms can support private investors in the poorest, fragile countries, and help enhance their roles in participating countries.
The first HiH Investment forum took place on 18-19 October 2022 in Rome, Italy. Participating countries presented impact investment opportunities to multilateral development banks and agribusinesses. Prospective investors also had an opportunity to learn about special regional initiatives.
Presidents, prime ministers, ministers and technical experts of HIH countries
CEOs, country managers, administrators of national and multilateral development banks
CEOs and high-ranking representatives of international and national agribusinesses and other private firms
Representatives from donor organizations
Representatives from FAO
TUE, 18 October
- Opening Session (08:30 – 10:00)
- Country Presentations (10:30 – 13:30)
- Country Presentations (14:30 – 18:30)
- Regional Initiatives for the Dry Corridor and the Sahel (18:30 – 19:30)
WED, 19 October
- Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum (09:00 - 13.00, Closed Meetings)
- Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum (14:00 - 17.00, Closed Meetings
- Panama Food Hub Presentation (17:00 - 18:00)
- Read the Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems from the Committee on World Food Security.
- See the "Investment Opportunity Profiles," which highlight impact investing opportunities offered through the Forum.
- See the Initiative's "Directed Investments for Sustainable Agricultural Development" brochure.