Accurate information is critical to the sustainable management of natural resources. Developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), System for Earth Observation Data Access, Processing and Analysis for Land Monitoring (SEPAL) helps countries monitor and report on forests and land use. An easy-to-use interface powered by cloud-based super computers, SEPAL offers users unparalleled access to satellite data, paving the way for improved climate change mitigation plans and data-driven land-use policies.
How we work around the world
Capacity development activities in forest monitoring, including face-to-face workshops and online courses, can serve as important tools for increasing awareness on gender.
Go to SEPAL Documentation
- Framework for Ecosystem Restoration Monitoring (FERM)
- Global Forest Resources Assessments
- Hand-In-Hand Geospatial Platform
- National Forest Monitoring
- European Space Agency
- Google Earth Engine
- Open Foris
- United Kingdom’s Department for Energy Security and Net Zero