Technical Cooperation Programme
©FAO/Sumy Sadurni

Emergency TCP projects support both anticipatory action and immediate responses to disasters and early rehabilitation measures through the timely delivery of essential agricultural inputs, services and training. TCP helps affected communities quickly resume food production and livelihood activities. The TCP also delivers technical and operational support. That includes forecasting, monitoring, regional or subregional technical and operational coordination, (such as for the Desert Locust Emergency); operational support to national surge capacity; products (e.g. outreach and training materials), technical documents and guidelines, strategies and action plans, and technical facilities/technology and equipment with the aim of enhancing local capacities to respond to or in preparation of a crisis.

Emergency TCP Results Since 2018

0
technical products/facilities delivered
0
thousand stakeholders trained
0
thousand emergency beneficiary households
0
projects completed (USD 32 Million)

Distribution of TCP emergency resources by Region and Shock Category (completed projects since 2018)

Examples of completed projects

Emergency assistance to restore food security and enhance agricultural production and resilience in typhoon-affected communities in Lanao del Norte (Region X) and Lanao 

The Philippines is one of the most vulnerable countries to natural disasters. An average of 20 typhoons affect the country ever year, some of which result in significant damage...(more)

Emergency assistance to support crop production for Syrian refugees in Osmaniye Camp

By January 2017 the number of Syrian refugees in Turkey had reached more than 2.8 million. Over 90 percent were hosted in communities while the remaining 10 percent resided in camps...(more)

Assistance d`urgence aux ménages agropastoraux vulnérables en appui au plan d`urgence 2018

Le déficit pluviométrique enregistré en 2017 a eu des conséquences désastreuses sur les moyens de subsistance des éleveurs mauritaniens. Or l’élevage constitue l’un des piliers de l’économie nationale et est la principale source de revenus de 60 à 70 pour cent de la population...(more)

Asistencia de emergencia para el restablecimiento de los medios de vida y de la seguridad alimentaria de agricultores familiares de los distritos en el departamento de Piura, afectados por el fenómeno de El Niño Costero 2017

El fenómeno de El Niño Costero es el resultado del calentamiento del mar y provoca fuertes lluvias que generan inundaciones o desbordes causando pérdidas humanas, numerosos afectados y damnificados y cuantiosos daños materiales...(more)