FAO SCIENCE AND INNOVATION FORUM
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum will focus on highlighting the centrality of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) for agrifood systems transformation, and encourage a diversity of perspectives based on science and innovation, thereby facilitating rationalization and inclusiveness of debate.
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum will be organized together with the World Food Forum (WFF) and Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum in the week of 17th October 2022.
More specifically, the objectives of the FAO Science and Innovation Forum are to:
- explore scientific and technological advances and associated risks and opportunities,
- analyse options for strengthening science and evidence-based decision-making,
- share robust science and evidence-based options for more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems,
- support countries in making informed decisions regarding the co-creation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and context-specific technologies and innovations, and
- promote effective science communication, including by engaging on contentious issues.
A detailed agenda will be available in the coming weeks.
e-mail for details