National Evaluation Capacities Conference 2022
ITC-ILO Conference and Training Centre, Turin, Italy
25/10/2022 - 28/10/2022
Investments in building resilience must be evidence-based and targeted at the people in most need to ensure that no-one is left behind. The focus of the National Evaluation Capacities Conference 2022 is to emphasize the role of sharing progress and lessons learned in strengthening national evaluation systems, and how these systems are essential for countries to ‘build forward better’ and get back on track toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development underlines the importance of high-quality data generated at the national level to track progress towards development goals and course correct where needed, which requires strong localized evaluation systems. The experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic have only served to highlight this.
The NEC conference series is designed to offer opportunities to share experiences and learning between government officials, civil society organizations, evaluation associations, and the global evaluation community.
This year’s sessions will be organized around three intersecting strands:
• National evaluation systems: people, processes, and systems
• Sustainable development: people, planet, and peace; gender equality and social inclusion; climate change governance; fragility, conflict, and violence
• Methodological innovations for a new world
Rethinking evaluation to address the crisis in the Anthropocene
October 27 // Register // Conference website
Development pathways have had a hand in shaping the Anthropocene. Evaluation must consider developments’ impact across all programmes and not only those addressing environment, climate and food security. Is evaluation facing up to this reality.
Moderator: Juha Uitto, Director, Independent Evaluation Office, Global Environment Facility
- Andrea Cook, Director of Evaluation, WFP
- Indran Naidoo, Director, Independent Office of Evaluation, IFAD
- Olivier Cossee, Senior Evaluation Officer, Evaluation Office, FAO
- Anastasia Aladysheva, Impact Evaluation Officer, Green Climate Fund
- Bala Yusuf-Yunusa, Senior Technical Advisor, Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDGs, Nigeria
Stream D6: Innovations en suivi et évaluation dans les secteurs de l'agriculture et du développement rural (French)