CFS High Level Ministerial Event at Expo Dubai - Food Systems Transformation in Action: The CFS Voluntary Guidelines on Food Systems and Nutrition
Organized by CFS in collaboration with the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the FAO Regional Office for Near East and North Africa at the MENA Agri-Food Innovation Days at Expo Dubai, the high level event will:
- Raise awareness about the CFS Voluntary Guidelines on Food Systems and Nutrition (VGFSN) and mobilize policy and political commitments by governments, donors, civil society, private sector, and others for further promotion and implementation of the VGFSN and other flagship CFS policy guidelines, especially within national food system transition pathways linked to the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit.
- Showcase UAE’s global and regional leadership on sustainable food systems including championing the utilization of CFS Voluntary Guidelines on Food Systems and Nutrition.
The event will take place on 24 February 2022, 12:30 - 14:00 GST / 9:30 - 11:00 CET
- H.E. Gabriel Ferrero y de Loma-Osorio, Chairperson, CFS
- H.E. Mariam Al Mehairi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment, United Arab Emirates
- Dr Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Global Food and Agriculture Policy and Ethics
- Dr Maximo Torero Cullen, Chief Economist, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Hon. Bwino Fred Kyakulaga, Minister of State for Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Uganda
- Ambassador Pio Wennubst, Permanent Representative of Switzerland to United Nations Organizations in Rome
- Ms Anna Scavuzzo, Deputy Mayor of Milan
- Dr AbdulHakim Elwaer, Assistant Director-General and Regional Representative for the Near East and North Africa, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Dr Martien van Nieuwkoop, Global Director Agriculture and Food Global Practice, The World Bank
- Dr Agnes Kalibata, AGRA President and former Special Envoy for the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit