Exchange of experiences
With this product, the Project seeks to promote the exchange of experiences of the governments of the participating countries on post-COVID-19 response, recovery policies and programs that facilitate better decision making. To this end, the goal is to achieve:
- 6 webinars on the exchange of recovery policies and programs.
- 3 exchanges of experiences between China and CELAC countries.
- 6 bulletins analyzing the response in Latin America and the Caribbean to COVID-19 and its effect on food systems.
In this context, the following activities have been carried out:
- Seminar "Regional Dialogue: cooperation and opportunities to strengthen climate action in agriculture", which was attended by representatives of the Ministry of the Environment of Chile, the WMO Regional Office for the Americas, the Platform for Climate Action in Agriculture in Latin America and the Caribbean (PLACA), the Soil Alliance of Latin America and the Caribbean (ASLAC) and the Central American Commission for Environment and Development (SE CCAD).
- Conference "Political dimension of the digital transformation of the rural world: Advances and Challenges" in the context of FAO's +Rural +Digital fair, with the participation of Angela Penagos, president of the Agricultural Sector Financing Fund (FINAGRO), Monica Rodrigues, economic affairs officer of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), Silvia Massrusha, general head of digital agriculture of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (Embrapa) and Francine Brossard, executive director of the Foundation for Agricultural Innovation (FIA).
- Conference on international experiences of digitalization in rural sectors at FAO's +Rural +Digital fair, with presentations by Alibaba and the FarmBetter initiative, moderated by the Innovation Officer, Souroush Parsa. This event was attended by Annie Li, Alibaba's Rural Vitalisation Commissioner in Pingshun County, Shanxi Province; and Benjamin Gräub, a FarmBetter expert who leads a digital advisory team for farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and Asia.