The Programme has drawn on the concepts embodied in "Livelihoods Approaches" to sustainable development, a set of general programme guidelines focusing on a people-centred, holistic analysis of the diverse and dynamic needs and assets of all stakeholders. An important consideration of the programmes is to support the links from macro level (policies and institutions) to micro level (communities and individuals).
- Adapting Content to Local Context
- Building on Existing Systems and Working with Existing Policies
- Addressing Diversity
- Building Capacity
- Ensuring Equitable Access and Empowerment
- Building Partnership Networks
- Adopting Realistic Approaches to Technology
- Information Costs
Printable document with summaries of eight policy framework elements: available here.
- the free flow of information and communication in a society, whether vertical or horizontal, public or private;
- how revenue is generated and taxed; and
- whether content is heavily censored or completely unregulated.