Evaluation of FAO’s Country Programme in Gabon
The partnership between FAO and the Government of Gabon is guided by the Country Programming Framework (CPF) - the programming document defining the joint priorities in the medium and long term. The current CPF covers the period 2017-2022 and establishes three priority areas, namely:
- Strengthening institutional governance and national capacities
- Sustainable management of natural resources
- Development of sustainable value chains in agriculture, livestock, forestry, fishing and aquaculture.
The main purpose of this evaluation is to draw lessons from the implementation of the 2017-2022 Country Programme and to make recommendations for the development of the new programming cycle. The evaluation will take advantage of opportunities to build national evaluation capacity, in line with the country's efforts to develop its national evaluation system.
What does the evaluation cover?
The evaluation covers all of FAO's work in Gabon during the period 2017-2022. Its purpose is to assess:
- the relevance of the FAO country program
- the strategic positioning of the Organization in relation to other development actors
- FAO's contribution to the three priority areas of the CPF
- Approaches and capacities of FAO in Gabon to respond to emerging challenges at the national level.
The assessment also aims to identify good practices, causes of successes and failures, and potential areas of work for the next CPF.