Niche Environmental Students Organization (NESO) is a Non-Profit Organization working with all educational institutions, companies, communities, organizations, Authorities, individuals while involving students and the community to ensure an environmental sustainable future across the world.
Our registration number is 80020003844050NESO - Students for Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
Areas of expertise include;
- Environmental impact assessments,
- biodiversity conservation (aquatic and terrestrial),
- Climate SMART agriculture,
- small scale businesses production
- energy optimization,
- Improving household livelihoods and incomes through waste for profit
- greening the world economy by engaging students and educational institutions together with communities in scientific research,
- managing field projects all over the world, and all done to bring students and communities environmentally together.
NESO works on environmental activities including; international environmental conferences, seminars, debates, plays, environmental tips & adverts (with a purpose of creating environmental conservation awareness).
We establish Internet education and participation resources and tools including sharing on posts on our social media pages on which we have a following & interactions, writing environmental magazines with other Organizations.
Summary of NESO recent projects and engagements;
- Environmental projects & innovations in areas of Restoration of Lake feeder streams, Plastic waste reduction in areas like Ggaba, Katosi, Nakasongola, e.t.c.
- waste for profit and energy, community sensitization and awareness on urban and rural waste management, development of international waste collection and supply chains to international communities, monitoring waste source flows and mitigation.
- Environmental-climate smart Agricultural projects in Collaboration with Kyamboga and Makerere University.
- Environmental Public Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs for rural communitiesEco-Tourism with (Bird conservation with Uganda Wild life Authority), Environmental Sensitization & awareness (With National Environmental Management Authority).
- Restoration of forest areas (Albertine region) and Charity community work (Peri- urban settlements and rural communities), etc.
- Waste for cash project among 36 districts in Uganda on L. Victoria and L. Kyoga with over 6000 membership of local community personnel reached.Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) project on promoting green building.
- Plastic pavers and roofing tiles produced for construction.
- Research on development of plastic and solar hybrid prototype boats for adaptation in fishing, tourism, e.t.c.
- Food security promotion through Black soldier fly production for farming systems like poultry, fish farming, e.t.c.
Vision, Mission And Objectives
To Build environmentally sustainable communities
To protect, restore and enhance environmental quality towards good public health, environmental integrity and economic viability.
To create clean environmental social and economic growth strategies geared to a pollution free environment (aquatic and terrestrial) through climate smart initiatives and awareness creation.
The objectives which NESO intends to implement are:
- To create environmental sensitization and awareness among student's and rural communities.
- To create informed populations on climate SMART production and environmental protection.
- To work with other institutions for sustainable social - economic environmental development projects.
- To establish environmentally related demonstration projects in educational institutions and communities across the world.
- To Promote blue economy small scale business initiatives that are climate smart.
Customer Service Excellence.
Community and Environment.
Alignment and Accountability.
Teamwork and Inclusivity.
Social, governance and Environment.
Integrity.Passion for Results and Sustainability