The Regional Technical Platform for Family Farming is a space that will facilitate dialogue and the exchange of successful experiences, promoting knowledge and the latest innovations to be shared throughout the world. It is available to governments, family farming organizations, the scientific and academic community, and the private sector.
It works as a digital mechanism for the dissemination of knowledge, it will have a virtual convention center and will offer spaces and digital tools to carry out joint initiatives such as: training courses, learning communities, meetings and events.
It is part of five regional technical platforms that FAO has created to move towards more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, and that together seek to promote better production, better nutrition, a better environment and
a better life, leaving no one behind.
Areas of work
- FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
- UN Decade of Family Farming
- FAO Training for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Family Farming Knowledge Platform
- Program of Brazil-FAO International Cooperation
- Farmers' Organizations for Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (FO4ACP)
- Mesoamerica Hunger Free AMEXCID-FAO
- South-South cooperation: Digital transformation and innovation in agriculture