What can you find in our database?
The Dimitra database contains profiles of organisations based in Africa and the Near East which have projects, programmes or activities involving or concerning rural women and development and/or using a gender approach.
The database is not exhaustive, but shows existing trends at a given moment in different countries. All the information, including the project descriptions, is provided by the organisations themselves. All data is available in English and French and the database is freely accessible to everyone.
Each record in the database provides the following information:
- name and address of organisation
- contact persons
- organisation's goal: a brief description of the objectives and philosophy of the organisation
- descriptions of projects or activities with/for rural women and/or with a gender approach
- other information: intervention sectors, methods used, working language(s), type of organisation, etc.
- member and partner organisations
- relevant publications
Joining the network
If your organisation would like to be included in the Dimitra Database, you should complete the Dimitra questionnaire (). To do so, you can save the questionnaire () to your computer and complete it offline, or print it out and complete it manually.
Send us your questionnaire!
- If your country is covered by one of the Dimitra partners, you should send the questionnaire directly to this partner (by post, fax or e-mail).
- If your country is not covered by one of the Dimitra Partners, please send the questionnaire to the Dimitra Brussels office (by post, fax or e-mail).
For your organisation’s profile to be included in the Database, it is important to complete the questionnaire correctly, in particular the part concerning project descriptions – this means you have to provide a description of at least one ongoing activity/project financed or implemented by your organisation and which directly involves rural populations, women and men, and which is, according to you, a good example of your work in this field.