What can you find in our database?
The Dimitra database contains profiles of organisations based in Africa which have projects, programmes or activities involving or concerning rural women and development and/or using a gender approach.
The database is not exhaustive, but shows existing trends at a given moment in different countries. All the information, including the project descriptions, was provided by the organisations themselves. Most data are available in both English and French and the database is freely accessible to everyone.
Each record in the database provides the following information:
- name of the organisation and address info
- contact person(s)
- organisation's goal: a brief description of the objectives and philosophy of the organisation
- descriptions of projects or activities with/for rural women and/or with a gender approach
- other information: intervention sectors, methods used, working languages, type of organisation
- member and partner organisations
The database is up to date until December 2012. Its encoding is no longer continued at present.