FAO retains a comparative advantage in the provision of policy and technical assistance in a broad range of disciplines addressing the challenges being faced by the Islamic Republic of Iran in sectors pertaining to the Organization’s mandate.
In line with the realization of a “Food Secure Iran, Safeguarding Its Natural Resources” as the ultimate vision of FAO in the country, the Organization supports the country’s priorities as stipulated in the national development planning documents, including the Sixth National Development Plan 2017-2021, and in alignment with the Organization’s Strategic Objectives and relevant Regional Initiatives.
Over the next five years, the FAOIR team will be working with the national counterparts, taking a programmatic approach that calls for development of Integrated Strategic Programmes, in line with FAOIR’s long term mission seeking “to inspire and engage partners in promoting lasting solutions for sustainable development” as its local mission in four areas of:
i) Sustainable and Climate-smart Agriculture,
ii) Food Security and Food Safety,
iii) Inclusive and Resilient Rural Development, and
iv) Knowledge-based Economy and Society.
Meetings / Workshops / Events
- 17-25 April, 2017: Second Bilateral Coordination meeting between FAO Afghanistan and Iranian Veterinary Organization . Tehran, Iran
- 23-24 April, 2017: Inception Workshop on Improve Agriculture Monitoring Systems through Satellite Imagery for Iran. Tehran, Iran
- 25-27 April, 2017: Validation Workshop to Validate the National Programme of Work for Addressing the Buxus Dieback Problem in the Caspian Forests. Kelarabad, Chaloos, Iran.
- 26-27 April, 2017: Inception Workshop on Integrated Programme for Sustainable Water Resources Management in the Urmia Lake Basin. Urmia University, Iran.
- 28 April to 10 May, 2017: Incoming Mission for the Formulation Support of the project document "Strengthening Organization and Integration of Small-Scale Family Farms". Tehran, Isfahan and Mazandaran, Iran