Sustainable agrifood systems
Through this initiative, FAO seeks to create and promote sustainable agrifood systems to guarantee greater physical and economic access to diversified and nutritious diets for all people in the region.
Prosperous and inclusive rural societies
This initiative seeks to eradicate hunger and poverty in rural areas, stimulating the development of new economic opportunities in lagging territories.
Sustainable and resilient agriculture
This regional priority promotes actions that encourage agricultural, fisheries, livestock and forestry production, and considers the integration of biodiversity, the maintenance of ecosystem services, the reduction of carbon emissions, adaptation to climate change, disaster risk management and resilience.
- Hand-in-Hand Initiative
- International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture 2022
- International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 2021
- The Food Systems Summit
- SDG Indicators Data Portal
- Frente Parlamentario contra el hambre de América Latina y el Caribe
- Flickr Gallery
- The Community of Latin America and Caribbean States