FAO Partnership Award
A successful sustainable development agenda requires strong global partnerships and cooperation between governments, the private sector, civil society and academia. The objective of this Award is to recognize and reward the efforts of noteworthy and effective partnerships that contribute to achieving sustainable development.
The deadline for submitting nominations is extended to 10 March 2023
The winning institution/organization demonstrates that they successfully contributed to an area of work related to FAO’s mandate, meeting one or all of the following criteria:
- engaged local communities and relevant stakeholders with the aim to improve people’s lives responding to their needs and rights and enhancing efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- raised visibility of the problem of hunger and malnutrition, communicating complex agricultural and economic issues to the wider public, and promoted successful solutions and projects for improved food security and nutrition;
- presented an innovative idea, a new approach, or a unique policy that was implemented successfully and is adaptable to other contexts inspiring similar innovations within a given city, country, region or at the global level;
- developed an initiative that demonstrates evidence of impact in improving peoples lives; and/or
- successfully advocated for the value of policies and principles that FAO prioritizes.
Proposals for nominations presented by national, regional or global institutions should be submitted to FAO Representatives (in countries with an accredited FAO Representative) or to FAO Regional and Subregional Representatives (in countries with no accredited
FAO Representative), as appropriate, for submission to the Awards Secretariat by 24 February 2023.
The Award is conferred for activities and programmes with remarkable achievements during the biennium preceding the current one. The Award will be presented by the Director-General to the individual or representative of the recipient institution during a special ceremony at the 172nd session of the FAO Council 24-28 April 2023.
End of January - Call for nominations
February - Close call
March - Screening
March - Selection
April - Ceremony