FAO and Messe Düsseldorf are collaborating with donors, bi- and multi-lateral agencies and financial institutions and private sector partners (the food packaging industry and others) to develop and implement the programme on food loss and waste reduction.
- Successful Second Edition of the Food Processing & Packaging Exposyum in Kenya
- Second European FUSIONS Platform meeting
- Portuguese government organized a Forum dedicated to food waste
- OzHarvest and the United Nations team together to address the Global Food Crisis
- AUC/FAO High-level Consultation on Post-Harvest Losses
The study highlights the losses occurring along the entire food chain, and makes assessments of their magnitude. Further, it identifies causes of food losses and possible ways of preventing them [...]
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and World Food Programme (WFP) launched the joint project “Mainstreaming food loss reduction initiatives for smallholders in food deficit areas” which is funded by the Swiss Government. The project aims to tackle food losses in grains and pulses value chains in three pilot countries (Burkina Faso, DRC and Uganda), and one of its outcomes is a web-based Food loss reduction Community of Practice.