Council of the European Union
FAO Brussels engages with the Council of the European Union through its General Secretariat and the rotating presidencies of the Council.
The Liaison Office facilitates the Organization’s input to a number of Council Working Parties. These include:
- The Working Party on International Food and Agricultural Questions (AGRIFAO)
- The Working Party on Development Cooperation and International Partnerships (CODEV-PI)
- The Working Party on Humanitarian Aid and Food Aid (COHAFA)
- The Working Party on Genetic Resources and Innovation in Agriculture
- The Working Party on Forestry
- The Working Party on Commodities
- The Working Party of Chief Veterinary Officers
- The African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Working Party
Presidencies of the Council of the European Union
The FAO Liaison Office in Brussels works closely with the rotating Presidencies of the Council of the European Union. This collaboration includes providing information to Council Presidencies, co-organizing or participating in events related to the mandate of FAO, and coordinating the Organization’s input to various working parties of the Council on a regular basis.
Updating the Council on FAO’s activities in Brussels and worldwide, as well as providing visibility to projects and initiatives funded and supported by EU Member States are cornerstones of this partnership.
Over the past years, the Liaison Office in Brussels has developed privileged working relations with the respective rotating Council presidencies. Selected highlights of resulting cooperation are shown below: