This section presents the training materials produced during the capacity-development courses, including trainers’ presentations, sessions’ recordings and additional knowledge products shared during the training.
The training methodology
In order to reach the most qualified set of audiences, and to adapt contents to the varying “knowledge gaps” of the target countries, the project has been designed to include a combination of different training methods including e-learning, face-to-face and blended activities.
The learning componentS
The e-learning component includes the following types of training activities:
- E-learning nuggets – Short online training designed to introduce a topic and provide examples and best practices through the presentation of case studies.
- Online administered courses – Full-day training, along 2-3 days, that include group activities, personal assignments, tutorials of tools application and showcasing video materials and interviews.
- E-learning self-administered courses – Online self-training to address single topics, exploring one or more specific facets.
- Face to face training – One week in-person training on selected topics related to one or more thematic areas.
E-learning nuggets – Thematic areas
- Water productivity
- Land resources planning
- Water use efficiency and performance assessment
- Renewable energy use for irrigation
- Hydro-economic modelling for river basin management
- Integrated drought management
- Water harvesting and agroforestry
- Irrigation asset management
- Monitoring and evaluation
E-learning administered courses – Thematic areas
- Water Productivity – The AquaCrop model and its evolution
- Water Use Efficiency and data acquisition systems
- Operation and maintenance of solar-powered irrigation systems
- Integrated drought management – The three pillars
- Land degradation neutrality, land suitability and tenure security
- Water harvesting, agroforestry and microclimate management
- Hydro-economic modelling: approaches, components and economic concepts
In support to trainees’ participation, selected online resources including videos, presentations, guidelines, publications, exercises and simulations have been shared with participants before the online events to build/refresh knowledge on certain topics or methodologies.
In addition, dedicated knowledge products are produced and freely available on specific topics, to provide a deeper understanding of selected topics addressed by the e-nuggets and e-learning administered courses.