Regional Conference for the Near East and North Africa (NERC)
FAO Regional Conferences are an official forum where Ministers of agriculture and senior officials of Member Countries from the same geographic region meet to elaborate on regional challenges and priority matters related to food and agriculture. Main role of the Conferences is to promote regional coherence on global policies and political issues.
Since 2009, Regional Conferences represent the FAO’s highest governing bodies at the regional level and play a role of strategic importance in the definition of priority areas of FAO's work globally.
The priorities set by the regional conference mirror the priorities of all Member Countries: to sustainably develop agriculture and enhance food security. All actions identified within these objectives feed into the roadmap of the Organization’s work and mission in the region.
- 36th Session: 2022, Baghdad, Iraq
- 35th Session: 2020, Muscat, Oman
- 34rd Session: 2018, Rome, Italy
- 33rd Session: 2016, Rome, Italy
- 32nd Session: 2014, Rome, Italy
- 31st Session: 2012, Rome, Italy
- 30th Session: 2010, Khartoum, Sudan
- 29th Session: 2008, Cairo, Egypt
- 28th Session: 2006, Sana'a, Yemen
- 27th Session: 2004, Doha, Qatar
- 26th Session: 2002, Tehran, Iran
- 25th Session: 2000, Beirut, Lebanon
37th session of the Regional Conference for the Near East (NERC)