Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 10 to 14 March 2014
The 32nd session of the FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific will convene in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 10 to 14 March 2014, hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Agriculture. The conference will focus on the opportunities and challenges in the region and priority areas of work to improve food security and nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to sustainable economic growth.
Agriculture ministers from 46 countries in the region are expected to attend. Representatives from international non-governmental organizations, intergovernmental organizations, United Nations organizations, civil society organizations and the media are also expected to attend as invited observers.
In the first two days, from 10 to 11 March, senior government officers will hold in-depth discussions focusing on regional and global policy and regulatory issues in the Asia-Pacific region. The main topics of discussion will be the state of food and agriculture in the region, outcomes of the committee on World Food Security (CFS), meeting farmers’ aspirations in the context of green development, and restoration of grasslands and forests for climate change mitigation and adaptation. Programme and budget matters will also be discussed, focusing on FAO priority activities in the region as well as the decentralization process.
On 13 and 14 March, a two-day ministerial segment will follow, focusing on measures to speed up progress of alleviating hunger in Asia-Pacific countries. A round table on the double burden of malnutrition will be held on the last day of the conference.
Provisional Agenda [PDF]
Twitter hashtag: #APRC32
- 11 March 2014, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – Pacific island countries urged to produce more healthy local foods at competitive prices
- 11 March 2014, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - Rice is life: A regional rice strategy for sustainable food security in Asia and the Pacific
- 10 March 2014, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - Asia and the Pacific must increase food production to meet future demand
- 10 March 2014, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - FAO Thirty-Second Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific Convenes
- 8 March 2014, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - Asia-Pacific Civil Society Organizations meet on food and agriculture