24-28 March 2014 Tunis, Tunisia
FAO in collaboration with the Government of Tunisia will convene the 28th Session of the Regional Conference for Africa in Tunis from 24 to 28 March 2014. The Conference will bring together ministers of agriculture and senior government officials from FAO Member countries in the Region as well as members of the Civil Society and partners.
Delegates will discuss issues relating to the current state and perspectives of food and agriculture in Africa. These will include:
- The African youth in the food sector and rural development
- The State of food and agriculture in the region and implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) with a special focus on small farmers and family farming.
- The follow-up to the High-level Meeting of African and international leaders "Towards African Renaissance: Renewed Partnership for Unified Approach to End Hunger in Africa by 2025 under the CAADP Framework”.
Provisional Agenda [PDF]
Information Note [PDF]
Twitter hashtag: #ARC28
- FAO Director: A United Africa can Beat Hunger By José Graziano da Silva
- 28 March 2014, Tunis - FAO Conference in Tunis emphasizes need to mobilize resources in Africa [Audio]
- 28 March 2014 - A statement by FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva - 28th FAO Regional Conference for Africa - Opening statement
- 27 March 2014 - Africa’s youth key to strengthening agricultural economy
- 26 March 2014 - Graziano Da Silva: “Youth and agriculture, key factors for a social inclusive growth in Africa”
- 26 March 2014, Tunis - A statement by FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva - Side Event on “Youth and Development of Aquaculture and Livestock”
- 24 March 2014, Tunis - FAO calls for action to accelerate economic transformation and development in Africa [Audio]
- 24 March 2014, Tunis - FAO calls for action to accelerate economic transformation and development in Africa
- 21 March 2014, Tunis - Civil Society Organizations discuss contributions to the Regional Conference for Africa [Audio]
- 21 March 2014, Tunis – Civil Society Organizations discuss contributions to the 28th FAO Regional Conference for Africa
- 21 March 2014, Accra/Tunis – Building resilience for food security in Africa
- 20 March 2014, Tunis - FAO calls for renewed partnership to transform African Agriculture and to end hunger by 2025
- 20 March 2014, Tunis - Together against hunger in Africa, Opinion post by José Graziano da Silva, FAO Director-General
- 18 March 2014, Tunis, Tunisia - Building daily resilience with “Haire”
The Conference is open to the media. Selected sessions will be webcast on the web site of the 28th ARC Conference.
A press conference will be held Friday, March 28 2014. Further information will be provided later.
Accreditation of journalists can be processed through ARC-Secretariat@fao.org with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Press Desk will be open at the Conference venue during the whole week. A valid press card is required. Journalists should collect their accreditation/conference badges in person.