Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Liberia’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Liberia with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Technical support in updating the country SPARS;
- Support in evaluating and establishing adequate human resources policies that allow the national statistical units to operate appropriately;
- Strengthen leadership and communication skills;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey.
Liberia: Technical support on Agricultural Production
20/11/2022 - 03/12/2022