Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Guinea’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Guinea with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in collecting, measuring and analysing data on agricultural losses;
- Technical assistance in developing, using and maintaining a cost-effective Master Sampling Frame (MSF) to implement integrated system of agricultural surveys;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Develop awareness on the importance of statistical dissemination policies and build the skills required for data dissemination and preservation programmes;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators.
Guinea: Training on sampling and estimations
03/04/2023 - 07/04/2023
Guinea: Training 1 Statistical dissemination and data archiving policies
06/03/2023 - 10/03/2023