Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Guinea-Bissau’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Guinea-Bissau with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Strengthen leadership and communication skills;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Technical assistance on the use of tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators.
Guinea-Bissau: Training workshop on data processing and analysis tools
28/02/2023 - 06/03/2023
Guinée-Bissau: Technical support on agricultural production
05/12/2022 - 12/12/2022