Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Burkina Faso’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Burkina Faso with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Support in evaluating and establishing adequate human resources policies that allow the national statistical units to operate appropriately;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in collecting, measuring and analysing data on agricultural losses;
- Technical assistance in developing, using and maintaining a cost-effective Master Sampling Frame (MSF) to implement integrated system of agricultural surveys;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators;
- Support in developing farm typologies for improved policy analysis.
News from Burkina Faso
The Global Strategy builds capacities on farm typology in Burkina Faso
The first training on Farm Typology in the frame of the Phase II of the Global Strategy was held in Burkina Faso from 21 to 28 June 2022. The training was organised in three sessions. The first one aimed at introducing to the larger public of producers and users of agricultural statistics in t...
The Global Strategy builds capacities on master sampling frame in Burkina Faso
Events in Burkina Faso
Burkina Fasso: Indicators training
14/03/2023 - 17/03/2023
Burkina Faso: Restitution workshop on farm typology
Virtual Event, 01/12/2022