Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Niger’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Niger with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Technical assistance in collecting data on and measuring key economic aggregates;
- Support in collecting, measuring and analysing data on agricultural losses;
- Technical assistance on the use of statistical software tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators;
- Support in developing farm typologies for improved policy analysis.
SPSS Data Processing and Analysis training in Niger
The production of descriptive statistics and graphic representations with SPSS using agricultural survey data was at the heart of the GSARS II training workshop held in Niger from October 3 to 7.
Actors in the production of statistics for policy planning and coordination from the Minist...
Niger: Training on Farm Economy
03/04/2023 - 07/04/2023
Niger: Typology training
07/03/2023 - 10/03/2023
Niger: Training on tools implementation
16/01/2023 - 20/01/2023