Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Tanzania’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Tanzania with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Support in collecting, measuring and analysing data on agricultural losses;
- Technical assistance in developing, using and maintaining a cost-effective Master Sampling Frame (MSF) to implement integrated system of agricultural surveys;
- Technical assistance on the use of statistical software tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Develop awareness on the importance of statistical dissemination policies and build the skills required for data dissemination and preservation programmes.
Tanzania: Hand-on training on development and use of frames
06/03/2023 - 10/03/2023
Tanzania: Training on development and use of sampling frames
12/12/2022 - 16/12/2022