Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Madagascar’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Madagascar with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Technical support in updating the country SPARS;
- Support in evaluating and establishing adequate human resources policies that allow the national statistical units to operate appropriately;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Technical assistance on the use of statistical software tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey.
Global Strategy launches SPARS process in Madagascar
As part of the implementation of the second phase, the Global Strategy developed its first Strategic Plan on Agricultural and Rural Statistics (SPARS) workshop. The event was held in Antananarivo, Madagascar on September 30th.
This meeting, opened by the Minister of Agriculture and Livestoc...
Madagascar: SPARS training
18/04/2023 - 21/04/2023
Madagascar: Strategic plan for the agricultural and rural statistics
23/01/2023 - 27/01/2023
Madagascar: Technical support on Agricultural Production
03/11/2022 - 11/11/2022