Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Nigeria’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Nigeria with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators;
- Support in compiling national food balance sheets (FBS).
News from Nigeria
The Global Strategy supports Nigeria in building a stronger national statistics system
The Global Strategy to improve Agricultural and Rural Statistics is a long-term coordinated initiative to address the decline in the agricultural statistical systems in developing countries and enable the production of more and better agricultural statistics. Following the first phase, which has ...
Events in Nigeria
Nigeria: Food Balance Sheets restitution workshop
19/10/2022 - 28/10/2022