Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the DRC’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in DRC with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Strengthen leadership and communication skills;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Technical assistance on the use of statistical software tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Develop awareness on the importance of statistical dissemination policies and build the skills required for data dissemination and preservation programmes.
Democratic Republic of Congo: Tools training Module 1 and 2
06/02/2023 - 17/02/2023