Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Sudan’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Sudan with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Support in evaluating and establishing adequate human resources policies that allow the national statistical units to operate appropriately;
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Technical assistance in collecting data on and measuring key economic aggregates;
- Technical assistance in developing, using and maintaining a cost-effective Master Sampling Frame (MSF) to implement integrated system of agricultural surveys;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Support in compiling national food balance sheets (FBS).
Sudan: Hand-on Training on sampling design, weighting, and estimations
12/03/2023 - 16/03/2023